Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, the holidays are in full swing! As stressful and (sometimes) disappointing as the holidays can be, I still really love this time of year. Mostly because being cozy is my favorite thing ever. There’s no better time to get snuggly under a warm blanket (I just got this one, and my entire family fights over it), with a fire, some candles, and watch a festive movie marathon. I debated not making a gift guide this year. Mostly because I don’t shop as much as I used to, and I don’t make a wish list for myself. My husband and I are pretty boring with gifts. We tend to buy a few things we need and maybe an outing if we have saved enough for it. However, after a few requests for one and the fact that so many of my friends make amazing, thoughtful things that would make lovely gifts, I decided to throw one together last minute!
Most of these items are from small shops and small makers. It’s how I prefer to shop. It may sometimes be more expensive, but many of these items are handmade, handpicked, and made with high-quality materials. Plus, you’re supporting people who are working hard to make things with love and thoughtfulness. I try to think of my shopping as an 80/20 rule: 80% of the time, I try to shop small, and 20% of the time, I buy things that are convenient or mass-produced. It’s not all or nothing. So this gift guide is made with that philosophy in mind.
Here’s a holiday playlist to listen to while shopping.
- Wary Meyers Lip Balm in Cheeky Peach
- Moon Lists: Questions & Rituals for Self-Reflection
- My Lumiere Locket made in collaboration with Ariel Gordon Jewelry
- Rachel Saunders Wave Incense Holder
- Micaela Greg Diamond Quilted Jacket in cream from Midland
- Doen Marine dress at Net-A-Porter
- Earth Tu Face + Jenni Kayne Organic Lotion
- Debbie Bean Sun Panel
- Monastery Attar Floral Repair Concentrate
- Whole Food Cooking Every Day by Amy Chaplin
- Batsheva Confection Dress in Silver Lake
- The Moon Flower Monologues by Tess Guinery
- Hangover-Free Holiday Set
- The Floral Society Swirled Tapered Candles
- Rachel Pally Jacquard Yaritza Dress
- Ansel Table Lamp
- Paper Moon Lamp
- Encourage Vintage Faye Dress
- Staud Bisset Leather Bucket Bag
- babaa Cardigan in natural
- Lena Corwin Peace Towel
- Early Riser Companion Book
- Far From Home by Amanda Brooks
A few things I want for all the holiday festivities:
I want everything by Heather Taylor Home for the holidays. Her designs are some of my most cherished pieces in my home. This year I would love to rock one of her aprons for our annual cookie bake-off. Plus, her tablecloths make every meal feel special.
- Sonos Speaker
- Wonder Valley Olive Oil
- Year and Day Infinite Candle in Daybreak
- Elsie Green Vintage Serving Set
- Elsie Green Collection of Pitchers
- Crate and Barrel Morela Serving Bowl
Are you looking for more gift guides? Glitter Guide has so many good ones this season!
Like this content? Make sure to sign up for my newsletter.